When we launched our Facebook and twitter pages in 2010, we did so knowing that social media sites allow us to provide you with information quickly and easily. We want to have a conversation with our more than 3.6 million members and anyone else in New Jersey who is seeking information from us. This new blog, Horizon Viewpoints, is another avenue for our conversation and the sharing of information.
We also hope to use this site to inform, assist and entertain you. But like everything, there are some rules. This is a business page. Therefore, we ask that all information posted on the site be professional. Please be mindful that what you publish will be public for a long time. You are personally responsible for the content you publish on social media sites including this page. Respect copyright, fair use and financial disclosure laws. Do not post commercial messages or chain letters. If it is questionable, don’t post it. Any inappropriate posts will be removed.
Please do not post any information that could be considered Protected Health Information, Nonpublic Personal Financial or Health Information under Federal law, or Personal or Privileged Information under New Jersey state law. We call all of this “Private Information”. Any posts with Private Information or otherwise containing medical information about you or another person may be removed or your inquiry may be redirected to protect the privacy of all concerned. Also, please do not post any personal contact information.
For members seeking customer service, please call the number on the back of your Horizon BCBSNJ card or contact us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/horizonbcbsnj.
By posting a comment or other material to this page, you give the us the irrevocable right and license to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any content you provide, which includes using your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media, including but not limited to: displaying, modifying, reproducing, distributing, creating other works from, and publishing your submission. Further, you represent that you own all rights to the material and have obtained all releases necessary to grant us these rights.
We reserve the right to remove posts for any reason, including but not limited to our belief that the posts violate these terms. Due to the sheer volume or appropriateness, we will not respond to every post, especially those that address individual issues
All personal information will be removed upon discovery, including:
- With certain exceptions, all geographic subdivisions smaller than a State, including street address, city, county, precinct, zip code, and their equivalent geocodes.
- With certain exceptions, all elements of dates (except year).
- Telephone numbers.
- Fax numbers.
- Electronic mail addresses.
- Social Security numbers.
- Medical record numbers.
- Health plan beneficiary numbers.
- Account numbers.
- Certificate/license numbers.
- Vehicle identifiers and serial numbers, including license plate numbers.
- Device identifiers and serial numbers.
- Web Universal Resource Locators (URLs).
- Internet Protocol (IP) address numbers.
- Biometric identifiers, including finger and voice prints.
- Full face photographic images and any comparable images.
- With certain exceptions, any other unique identifying number, characteristic, or code.
PII may include:
- Social Security number
- Any combination of name, address, date of birth or birthplace
- Driver’s license number or other Identification Card numbers
- Financial account numbers
- Credit or Debit card number, in combination with any security code, access code, or password that would permit access to an individual’s financial account
- Genetic or physiological information